screen/font problem on new mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by horsesman1, Dec 11, 2008.

1. horsesman1 macrumors newbie

I am new to Mac. My mac is new. Suddenly the image on the screen is bigger than I can see so i have to move back and forth to see the dock on one side and the desktop icons on the other. I went into displays and chose different sizes so the screen image and my screen would sync but no go. The font is also blurry/looks hang written. i reset the PRAM and repaired permissions in disc utility. i think I did something simply to cause this but alas am stuck. What can i do?

The problem is not how to navigate, rather I want to see both the dock and everything on the screen at one time without having to move the cursor to the edge to see the right side /top/bottom

Thank you but that is not working. It is like the screensaver is to big to see on the monitor and so when I move the mouse scroll with the control button depressed it just continues to expose the covered areas until I move to the other side. the font is funky as well. thx

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

hold the control button and scroll the mouse down ;).

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Hold Control and move the scroll ball up and down. Down until you get back where you were, up if you want to make it obscenely huge.

4. horsesman1 thread starter macrumors newbie

screen/font errors in new Mac

The problem is not how to navigate, rather I want to see both the dock and everything on the screen at one time without having to move the cursor to the edge to see the right side /top/bottom

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yeah, and we're telling you how to fix it. Try what we said.

6. horsesman1 thread starter macrumors newbie

PTL universal access then zoom off

Universal access then zoom off is the recipe. God's grace answered my need

7. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Posts 2-3 answered your needs. :rolleyes:

With Universal access on if you hold control down and scroll up with your mouse wheel, it causes the screen to zoom in (makes stuff bigger). If you hold control and scroll down it zooms out.

Some where along the line you accidentally zoomed in a little bit. All you had to do was hold control and scroll down and it would of fixed it. Now you have turned off zooming in Universal Access you can no longer use this feature.

:)