Screen for Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kikobarbada, Jul 2, 2007.

1. kikobarbada macrumors regular

Good morning.

I have a Macbook 2.16ghz 2gb ram 160hd and I would like to know if I can connect any CRT or LCD screen on it and how would I do that. Also, I know if I close the notebook screen it puts it to sleep, how can I close the lid without the extra screen going to sleep?

Finally, I would like to know something about the MiniDVI to DVi being 15 centimetres long so how do I connect it to a more far away screen? And what is the hole in the macbook that the DVI cord goes into?

Thanks, Kiko.

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

You can connect it to an external screen using a Mini-Dvi to VGA or Mini-Dvi to DVI cord which you can get from an Apple store. When you close the lid on your Macbook and it's connected to a display with an external keyboard and mouse, just wiggle the mouse and it'll wake back up.

3. kikobarbada thread starter macrumors regular

Finally, I would like to know something about the MiniDVI to DVi being 15 centimetres long so how do I connect it to a more far away screen? And what is the hole in the macbook that the DVI cord goes into?

4. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

You don't connect that cord straight to the monitor. You connect it like this.

Mini-Dvi -> Normal Dvi Cord -> Monitor

5. kikobarbada thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, thanks, just went to an Apple Solutions Centre earlier today and he explained me all about it and I bought it.

Thanks.