Screen frame parting company with screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by K1W1, Aug 4, 2010.

1. K1W1 macrumors newbie

Folks

I have inherited, from my daughter, an unwanted and unloved iBook G4 and now have it running nicely. But as a result of rough handling (previous owner :)) the white frame around the screen has parted company with the screen along the lower horizontal line (above the iBook G4 label).

Now I am very tempted to go into my garage find a tube of glue and glue it together but caution as I don't know what the response (chemically) might be and then there's the issue of stress on the screen if the frame is not meant to be attached to the screen.

Learned bretheren can you enlighten or guide a member of the faithful in this matter as this old iBook still runs nicely and meets my needs admirably.

Cheers & thanks

Chris
    :apple:

I have been trying to attach a picture but alas the Manage Attachments is refusing to co-operate :(( - although I might have succeeded.

Attached Files:

2. molala macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't use glue, the front bezel (frame) isn't supposed to be stuck to the screen but to the back assembly to hold the screen in place. You could invest in a new front bezel.

Here's one for the 12-inch iBook G4 (not sure if you have the 14-inch iBook, ifixit might have that too)-
    http://www.ifixit.com/iBook-Parts/iBook-G4-12-Inch-Front-Display-Bezel/IF183-059

They have a link to the installation process, which looks long and painful.

Good luck.