Screen Freeze & Distortion

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Aniruddh, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Aniruddh Contributor

Aniruddh

Anybody else facing screen distortion & freezing issue on High Sierra?

I am facing this issue ever since I upgraded to High Sierra. I usually face it while using a browser, Safari and Chrome both.

I have attached a screenshot of the issue. स्क्रीन शॉट, २०१७-०९-१९ अ ८.०१.५९ पर.png

EDIT:

My Macbook Pro model is Early 2013.

2. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

same issue. mid 2012. try reseting the nvram and smc.

3. Aniruddh thread starter Contributor

Aniruddh

Mid 2012, that means we have same specification. I also had issue with 'Automatic Graphic Switching', when it was turned on, Macbook usually freezed and never resumed and reboots after some time. I have turned 'Automatic Graphic Switching' off and that issue seems to be gone now but I had to compensate with battery life. :(

I think there is a hardware issue with this Macbook model. There is a replacement program: https://www.apple.com/in/support/macbookpro-videoissues/ but Apple has always rejected my request whenever I tried to apply.

As for this problem, like you suggested I have reset NVRAM and SMC. So far, it looks good but let's how long I can remain happy.

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I reset my NVRAM and SMC yesterday and so far I haven't crashed.

That replacement program is for when your GPU fails. I had my unit replaced under that warranty. It's for the hardware failure where your discrete Nvidia GPU no longer works.

5. Aniruddh thread starter Contributor

Aniruddh

Well, it was all good till yesterday but now I am again facing this issue. :(

As for the replacement program, the page says:

I am facing 1st & 3rd symptom from a long time.

6. arcturuz macrumors regular

my iMac screen would occasionally turn pink/distorted during the shutdown process