screen frozen apple logo (can't do anything)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jeromie35, Apr 3, 2011.

1. jeromie35 macrumors newbie

:eek: I need help!!!! I have a 3g iphone and it is frozen on the apple logo screen. I can't do anything. I can't turn it off, I can't power it on. It's just stuck on the apple logo screen. The battery also will not charge. When i connect the sync cable to it, and then to either the computer, or wall charger, it shows the lighting bolt, and the battery meter (in the red) After a little bit, it goes to the apple logo screen. I leave it on the charger for hours, and when i disconnect it from the charger, within 10 minutes it's showing the battery meter, in the red again. Can anyone help me???? :eek:

2. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

Have you tried holding the sleep / wake and home button for a few seconds at the same time? usually works.

3. jeromie35 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes I have tried that, and it didn't work. I get no response from either of the buttons, no matter what combination of pressing them I try. I can't get the phone to do anything....:confused: Thank you for the tip though.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

That will just reset it. Try putting it into DFU mode. Hold sleep, then sleep and home, then release sleep and hold home button for a few seconds. Then plug it into itunes.