Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsevo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
I have a mid 2012 MBA with the 128GB HD and 8GB Ram. I have noticed in the last couple months that it takes much longer to wake from sleep if it's on battery power. The screen is up, but there is no cursor and it acts frozen for 15ish seconds. It's not a huge deal, but I find it really annoying. If the power cord is plugged in it does not happen. I searched, and it seems others have the same problem, but I haven't found any concrete solution. Have any of you found something that makes this go away? I'm pretty sure the computer just started doing it in the last couple months, and not since new. Thanks.

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I have a mid 2012 MBA with the 128GB HD and 8GB Ram. I have noticed in the last couple months that it takes much longer to wake from sleep if it's on battery power. The screen is up, but there is no cursor and it acts frozen for 15ish seconds. It's not a huge deal, but I find it really annoying. If the power cord is plugged in it does not happen. I searched, and it seems others have the same problem, but I haven't found any concrete solution. Have any of you found something that makes this go away? I'm pretty sure the computer just started doing it in the last couple months, and not since new. Thanks.

Backup your files and do a clean install via recovery partition.

mbpro108

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2009
I had this problem and this worked for me.

In terminal type, sudo pmset -a hibernate mode 0

Not really how I wanted to solve the problem but it will work till apple fixes the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.