screen fuzzy... especially fonts

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by howard, Jun 13, 2007.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

for some reason all the sudden on my mac pro text looks really fuzzy on my monitor. I check connections, they are solid, and I check the monitor on my mac mini and it works fine. Any ideas on what this could be and how to fix it?

2. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

If it's an LCD display, turn the resolution all the way up (native res).

3. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

it is all the way up,

and I just checked font smoothing, nothing changes there.

4. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Check the connections (cables and interfaces) for dust. Perhaps try removing and reseating the graphics card in the Mac Pro (be careful out there). If the monitor looks fine on the Mac Mini, it must be the Mac Pro set-up somewhere that's screwy. Does the monitor have an autosync button or menu option? Try that, so it rescans and sets itself to the right res.

However, it really does sound as though you have the output set at a different resolution in the displays preferences pane to the native resolution the screen is optimised for.

5. BKWProductions macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I am having the same problem... and to the person who thinks its not the right res, well you're wrong, because it is the right res 1680x1050.

The issue is better described as a fuzziness to only portions of the screen, and in particular all text.

I have check all settings, connections, brightness levels, everything - nothing seems to work. Any ideas?