Screen glare

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ekinnyc, Mar 17, 2012.

1. ekinnyc macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.2; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/ICL53F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Can anything be done about the glare on the screen? I really don't wanna put a anti glare screen cover on the beautiful retina display, but so far using it in my living room with the overhead light on is a pain. Is there anything I can put on the screen that would not take away from the beauty of the retina display

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Either you put on an anti-glare screen protector or use sand paper to dull the shine. :eek:

I would choose the first over the second but thats just me. :p

3. doom102938 macrumors newbie

Or you can move either the iPad or the light so that you do not see the reflection.

4. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

That literally made me LOL!

5. MacAttacka macrumors 6502

I found sitting under a blanket works great.

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Allow some time to become acclimated. While glare can be annoying, once you get used to adjusting the position to reduce the glare, you should find it's no longer a problem.

7. ekinnyc thread starter macrumors member

keep an eye out for my "HELP! I sandpapered my retina screen on my 3 day old ipad!!!"

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yeah, you gotta pick your poison, anti-glare screen or full screen beauty. It's no different than on Macs as the matte screens also have that "oil sheen" look and the standard gloss screens are glare factories.

I'm torn myself. I have an anti-glare screen on at the moment, like my previous iPads. I'm now tormented, now, unlike w/ the other iPads, b/c I know I'm not getting the full screen effect. But I read a lot w/ the iPad so I'll probably keep the anti-glare on.

9. Larrupin macrumors member

Larrupin

lol! :d