Screen glare

ekinnyc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.2; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/ICL53F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Can anything be done about the glare on the screen? I really don't wanna put a anti glare screen cover on the beautiful retina display, but so far using it in my living room with the overhead light on is a pain. Is there anything I can put on the screen that would not take away from the beauty of the retina display

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.2; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/ICL53F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Can anything be done about the glare on the screen? I really don't wanna put a anti glare screen cover on the beautiful retina display
Either you put on an anti-glare screen protector or use sand paper to dull the shine. :eek:

I would choose the first over the second but thats just me. :p

doom102938

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012

Can anything be done about the glare on the screen? I really don't wanna put a anti glare screen cover on the beautiful retina display, but so far using it in my living room with the overhead light on is a pain. Is there anything I can put on the screen that would not take away from the beauty of the retina display
Or you can move either the iPad or the light so that you do not see the reflection.

MacAttacka

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2012

I found sitting under a blanket works great.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Allow some time to become acclimated. While glare can be annoying, once you get used to adjusting the position to reduce the glare, you should find it's no longer a problem.

ekinnyc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Either you put on an anti-glare screen protector or use sand paper to dull the shine. :eek:

I would choose the first over the second but thats just me. :p
keep an eye out for my "HELP! I sandpapered my retina screen on my 3 day old ipad!!!"

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Yeah, you gotta pick your poison, anti-glare screen or full screen beauty. It's no different than on Macs as the matte screens also have that "oil sheen" look and the standard gloss screens are glare factories.

I'm torn myself. I have an anti-glare screen on at the moment, like my previous iPads. I'm now tormented, now, unlike w/ the other iPads, b/c I know I'm not getting the full screen effect. But I read a lot w/ the iPad so I'll probably keep the anti-glare on.