Screen Glitch? Can find others with same!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by qops1981, Apr 8, 2013.

1. qops1981 macrumors newbie

Hey All,

I am looking for a hook that will lead me to other communication about this issue.. I have looked up "OS X Screen Glitch" Along with other iterations, but I keep finding other issues that do not match.

This happens the most when looking at webpages on Safari & Chrome. Though I have seen it on other programs and just the OS its self.. I though it could be a Graphics Card issue but I have seen it on multiple Mac's so I have ruled that out.

Here is what the glitch looks like:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I'm no expert but it looks like a faulty Graphics card to me. You might find more help if you posted more about your set up. What sort of Mac is it, how old is it, when did you start noticing this issue? Does it get better or worse as your machine warms up or is it only on certain apps?
    Finally you might get more of a response in the Mac basics section. Whatever this issue is, I doubt its connected to OSX.

3. 11colmil macrumors member

11colmil

That is most likely a graphics card issue. 9/10 times the "artifacts" happen from a failing graphics card. I had the same issue with my MBP's 8600m GT. Try reinstalling OS X. If the problem persists, you may need to get the graphics card or logic board replaced.

The thing that has me confused is that you were able to take a screenshot of it. I thought you couldn't take a screenshot of an artifact-ing card... I could be wrong though

4. qops1981, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013

qops1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Details

There are 4 that I have noticed it on.

-2x 15" Mac Book Pro ( MacBookPro6,2 ) - 2010
    -13" Mac Book Pro ( Older than the one above ) - 2006
    -21" iMac ( iMac7,1 ) - 2007

After a Fresh install a Lion 10.7 and even subsequent installs or Mt. Lion 10.8

No difference during time of day or time on, most noticed on Web Browsers. Most noticeable in Chrome, Most noticeable while Watch Web Videos like Youtube, Vimeo, etc. Particularly bad when using gliffy.com

Note***: Most times it is real quick and it is hard to catch.. I got luck with these two captures!

----------

Thats what made me think that it was an OS issue.. That and I am experiencing it on more than one computer.. not that there couldn't be more than one bad video card.

Thanks,
    -Bill

5. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

You have had this same problem on 4 Macs? That can't be bad just be bad luck. Is anything common to your set up? Faulty cable or power supply maybe? Or is there some interference on your network (as you say it happens mostly on browsers) have you had it when using on someone else's network?

6. qops1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Conditions

3 of them are at work and the other is at home... The ones at work are connected via physical ethernet and the one at home is WiFi.