Screen goes black/prox. sensor issues when hitting "End Call"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WardC, Jul 19, 2010.

1. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

On my iPhone 4, when I am done with a call and want to hit the "End Call" button, I have the phone away from my ear, and hit the "End Call" button...the screen goes black and flickers for several seconds before it lets me end my call. I think this is a proximity sensor issue, but was wondering if anybody else is having this similar situation when wanting to "End Call". Again, the screen kind of goes on and off several times after I take the phone away from my ear and try hitting the button, it doesn't end the call the first time I press the button, I have to press "End Call" several times to get it to hang up. This is really annoying.

2. dmorris01 macrumors member

I hadn't seen this issue yet. It does sound like a proximity issue to me.

I'm predicting that if there is any kind of recall it will be for proximity sensor issues, not the antenna. I'm hoping the software update fixes it... but I'm skeptical.

3. blazinz macrumors regular

Ive had that happen, many times now with the phone. Im thinking the phone is off when its really not can be very annoying. I make sure now everytime i look at it and usually hit the sleep button before i put it back in my pocket bc ive had instances now where the phone has been on and somebody will call me back saying they knew what i did in the last five min bc my phone was on. Had they not hung up it would have just been on. So now i make sure each time its 100% OFF !! Is annoying as fack tho!!:mad: