Screen goes black when charging in BOOTCAMP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by no0odlezz, Mar 17, 2012.

1. no0odlezz macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I am using an early 2011 MBP and today when I turned it on into boot camp mode running W7; the screen turned blank after "starting windows" logo appeared. The screen would reappear after unplugging the charger and I have checked the Mac side of things and it appears to work fine (Screen doesn't turn black when charger is plugged).

Help!

Thanks

2. m3ss macrumors newbie

Same here.

Even m facing the same problem, gonna contact apple help soon. Anyone find any solutions yet ?

3. DCarlos macrumors newbie

I've been having the same problem, its just started today. It will boot fine into safe mode and charge but otherwise the screen goes black when I plug the charger in.

I've tried different chargers and I am not experiencing the same problem on OS Lion. Any ideas?

4. tonyrlw macrumors newbie

I would turn off the brightness of my screen at night. When I got an update and the system restarted, it reloaded the black screen with the power plug. Once you remove the plug the screen would reappear. Just logged in, reinsert the plug and then hit the button to brighten the screen. You should now be able to see the desktop from battery and plug.