screen goes black

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by invasian, Jan 11, 2008.

1. invasian macrumors regular

invasian

does anyone know why the screen goes black after a few minutes of no mouse activity? i am not talking about screen dimming, as i have clicked that off. i am talking about complete blackness as if it has gone to sleep, although it is not asleep...moving the mouse immediately stops it....this is very irritating when watching a movie or something online.

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

System Preferences > Energy > Put the display to sleep blah blah blah. Move the slider so that it says never.

3. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

It's a power saving option where instead of running your screensaver forever, it'll just turn your screen off

4. invasian thread starter macrumors regular

invasian

ok, well i have the put display setting to do it after 2 hours, yet it does it within 5 minutes or so...is that just a bug? it didn't do this when i had tiger installed, but started after leopard

5. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

First go to System Preferences > Screen Saver > and make sure you don't have a screen saver set.

There should be two slider, make sure they both are set to 5 hours. (One is for display sleep and the other is for system sleep which puts the whole computer in sleep mode)

Failing that, try setting to never (far right).

6. invasian thread starter macrumors regular

invasian