Screen goes blue and then back to normal...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mathieuplante, May 17, 2010.

1. mathieuplante macrumors member

I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or if I might be going crazy, but it seems to me that my new (base 15 inch i5) MacBook Pro's screen sometimes goes more blue (bluer?). When I turn it on, it looks normal to me for a while, even though it's still kind of cold-looking. Then it goes blueish for a few seconds or minutes. The gray button bar at the top of Firefox is the most obvious to me.

I don't know, is that even possible? Is it just the lighting in the room that makes it look that way? Right now I'm at the office under neon lights, but at home with natural lighting, it seems to do the same thing.

2. mathieuplante thread starter macrumors member

Blue banner?

Hmm... here's what I'm thinking. I've been spending an awful lot of time reading the Mac Rumors forums lately. Could it possibly be an optical illusion caused by the blue banner at the top and the blue info box on the left of posts? Is anyone else seeing this? I think that might really be it, as ridiculous as it sounds.

I'll try to spend some time without coming here and see if I still see it :)

3. Jonathon McMast macrumors member

hmm interesting. have you got any friends or relatives that could have a look at it and give you a second opinion? are you on any drugs (legal or otherwise) or have you a history of mental illness which could be scewing your perception?

4. mathieuplante thread starter macrumors member

Nope, no drugs at all. Good idea, though, it would probably help me relax a bit :) I'll think about it. I'll ask around to see if other people see it too. But I'm really thinking it's the blue banner on this forum. Someone posted their 15-inch antiglare ICC profile on another thread and it's already much better.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It is most likely the default color before calibration sets in.