Screen goes crazy on restart since iOS10

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by producerlawson, Sep 15, 2016.

1. producerlawson macrumors regular

Ever since the iOS 10 update my screen flips out when restarting.. anyone know whats going on here, maybe you've experienced it previously? Anything to be concerned by?

[​IMG]

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

It is reallllly fast for me, but yes, I noticed. I was like, omg, it's exploding.. but then realised its just graphics memory going blah.. I've used the feedback app to report this.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I have not seen this on my 6S+.

When you say "restarting" what do you mean, just waking it up?

4. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

home button + sleep button restart, is when i get it. i dont get it like that gif, but i get vertical stripes flash quick on the screen. and as if there's light bleed.. and not fully black, then it goes all black and white apple logo appears.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Do not see that on mine.Almost sounds like a hardware issue but if it only does it when woken it would have to be software.

6. unglued macrumors member

No issues here with a 6S+. I did a clean install not sure if that makes a difference. I get a black screen with the apple logo all the way up to the passcode screen.

7. producerlawson thread starter macrumors regular

Varied results now.. from something like the lock screen I get a more darker screen with fine lines of colour being dispersed.

To replicate my gif I have to be on a pretty white ish based app, like Safari or voice mail

8. macduke Suspended

macduke

The only time I've seen something similar to that was from water damage getting at the internal chips.

9. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

The only time I have seen it is when using the gm public beta build of iOS 10, so I installed 9 : not there, back to 10, it's there.

10. macduke Suspended

macduke

Then it's probably the software. But that glitchy fade is so familiar. Saw something similar on an old MacBook Pro that had a crapped out Nvidia graphics chip, but more different than the water damage one.

11. WilliamG macrumors G3

Have also experienced it on my 6s Plus doing the home button/power button restart.

12. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Had my 6s plus replaced with a June 2016 production date one - hard reset shows half of the display really quickly with distortion with vertical lines. Thought I was the only one.

Makes me thing something is wrong with the hardware. Can post a video if anyone is interested.

13. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Not the hardware if many people are having the same issue that never had it before iOS 10.

iPhone 6S+ here - same weird screen anomaly when I do the home/power restart. Just a software issue.

14. KPOM macrumors G5

I notice something similar. I'm guessing it's software and will be fixed in a patch, but my iPhone 6s is being traded in tomorrow on a jet black iPhone 7, so I won't be able to verify that.

15. WazzleHD macrumors newbie

16. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

It's been like this since iOS 10 beta 1. I generally DFU restore then restore a backup for each beta, so I noticed this a couple of days after beta 1 was out. Been there ever since. Not a hardware problem as my iPad Pro does the same also.

17. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

Similar issue on my new 7 running 10.0.1?

Occurs at start of hard reset.

o_O

[​IMG]

18. hank moody macrumors 6502a

hank moody

19. producerlawson thread starter macrumors regular

I know it sounds sinister but my 6S has been the worst to easily scratch (it's always in a pocket by itself).. like literally the top of the screen looks like sandpaper has been dragged down it, so I was kinda hoping it was a defective screen that Apple would replace aha.

20. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

21. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

Happens to me too on a hard restart before it shuts off

22. formerpc macrumors 6502

Mine does some funky stuff too. I'm not too concerned about it, though.

23. LantosPHS macrumors newbie

LantosPHS

--- Post Merged, Dec 4, 2016 ---
    I am having the same problem. I have tried reseting settings. I have even reset and erased all content and then restored from a backup. Still having this problem. Has anyone figured out a resolution?

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

Just a visual glitch that's there with iOS 10 (so far). Not really a problem or anything that affects anything, and nothing really to figure out short of some future update addressing it in some way.

25. Jayson A macrumors 68000

You're basically doing the software version of unplugging the battery. What do you think is gonna happen?

You're forcing it to turn off immediately without letting it do a normal shutdown.