Screen going dark?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 55test55, Jun 21, 2009.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

It seems like a couple times the screen has gone dark and the only way to get it to fix is by going and changing the brightness a little, or to turn it off and then on (with the power button, not a total shutdown). the automatic sensor is off, but ive noticed that it happens when i turn it on in dark places---like its acting as if the sensor is on. any ideas?

2. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

1) Don't bump threads, its against forum rules.

2) If your brightness is way way down and you have "auto brightness" turned on, then when you go into a really dark room it might get "confused" and turn the brightness down even lower. I've never tried this myself, but hey, it could happen, I guess.

4. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

About 3 times today the brightness has gone all the way down on me (only after waking it from sleep). The only way I could get the brightness back to normal is to lock it and unlock it again. It's not my settings, brightness is all the way up with auto-brightness off. It seems to just be an annoying bug. I don't know if it's 3.0 or the 3GS itself (can't remember it ever happening in the 2 days I had 3.0 on my 3G) but either way it's annoying. If it becomes more frequent I'll have Apple check it out I guess.

5. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

same exact settings for me, and same solution. let me know how it goes. and sorry about the bump, i thought it would be better to bump than create a new topic.