screen has seemed to completely go out/ cd burning problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by coreylyerly, Nov 11, 2009.

1. coreylyerly macrumors newbie

I have the one of the newer aluminum 15" pros and the other day I noticed the bottom kinda popping out (hard to explain). But I gave it a few light pushes and taps to see if I could ease it back in and my screen has seemed to black out completely.

completely idiotic, I know, so please don't attack me for abuse...

but does anyone have any idea what I could have done? How to get it fixed?

I'm so scared that I have lost my baby. :(

AND

Before the screen problem I was having trouble burning cds, it'd make hideous scratching noises and not complete the burning process. Any idea about that either?

2. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

Can you still see images but just really dark? Shine a flashlight on the screen and see if there is anything visible. If so you probably damaged the LED backlight or inverter. If there is nothing at all visible then you may have damaged the wires that power the display. Both are repairable but I can't say how much it would cost on that machine as I have never taken one apart.

Sounds like your optical drive was dying also.

3. coreylyerly thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your input, I'll go do the flashlight test soon but I'm doubting that is what's wrong. I'm pretty sure it's completely blacked out. I'll let anyone that is listening know so hopefully I can receive some more feedback.

4. coreylyerly thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, just as I thought, the whole screen's out. Hmm...

Someone please shun me for not taking better care of this thing.