Screen help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Des Zac, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Des Zac macrumors regular

I have an ipod touch and it got a little wet, well, I think. Me and my family went on a water-raft ride thingy expecting like one avoidable waterfall because the park near our house has a ride similar to it and that is what it is like. Well we were wrong. It had like 15 waterfalls and I got stuck under about 3 of them. The ipod touch was in a pouch and when I pulled it out it had a little water on it. I think it is the lcd but I do not want to replace it if it is the problem, could it be the digitizer? If it is the lcd, does anyone know where I could get a cheap one? It's a 2nd gen ipod touch.

Here's a pic.

[​IMG]

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I believe that the screen and LCD are glued together, but I'm not positive. You could try finding one on eBay, but first, I would try soaking it in rice.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Try putting the iPod in a bowl of rice for at least a week, if possible for longer. Also, during that time, change the rice in the bowl. Do not, under any circumstances, even think of switching on the iPod during that time, even though, doubtless, you will be itching to do so. If you do so, as, most likely there will be residual liquid inside the case, you run the risk of frying the interior. If that doesn't work, you may have to consider buying a new one.

Good luck with it.

Cheers

4. Des Zac thread starter macrumors regular

With the rice thing, does it matter that this happened almost three months ago?

5. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Have you turned it on since then?

6. Des Zac thread starter macrumors regular

It was on when I't got wet, I never turn it off, It's in perfect working order other then that damn screen. :(

7. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

If it works fine you might want to try the rice anyway. I doubt it'll fix the problem completely, but it should help a little bit.

8. Des Zac thread starter macrumors regular

Do you know what the problem is though? Is it just that water is stuck between the screen and digitizer? Because if that is the problem I have no problem taking it apart, cleaning it, and putting in a new digitzer. (Mines all scratched up anyways) but If the rice thing will work I'd rather that then open my ipod.

9. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I'm not exactly sure, but that sounds logical. I would just place it in the rice, see how it does, and if not, try drying the screen/digitizer, but again, that's just my opinion.

10. Des Zac thread starter macrumors regular

Okay thanks, all I do is put it in a plastic bag filled to the top with rice right?

11. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar