Screen image burn-in !!??!!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OrangeSVTguy, Apr 19, 2011.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Wow just noticed I had a screen image burn-in on my iPad 2 :eek:

Didn't know LCDs were susceptible to burn-in? I noticed it while on the eBay App while it was displaying a grey background, I saw the outline of the keyboard. Took a snap shot of the screen to make sure it wasn't a strange anomoly or something and while on that grey screen, I still notice the burned-in keyboard layout. It stays in the same spot when switching from landscape to portrait.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

False alarm. It goes away after a few minutes :eek: So I guess it's not exactly burned-in after all. Just lingers around for a bit like a bad fart.

Wonder what's causing it? Slow refresh or something? It's consistent and replicable too.

If I'm typing a message for a minute and then switch over to the snapshot/eBay page with the gray background, I still see the keyboard outline and anything else that was white.

3. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

Slow refresh? Most lcd screen's have a refresh rate of at least 60 hz (60 times a second). In no way is that related to your problem. However, I would take it in the get it looked at if the problem still persists. It sounds like a defective lcd.

4. drewboy891 macrumors newbie

My iPad is doing it too. I notice it does it during FaceTime where my image is displayed in the corner. The white rectangle box burns an image into the display but it goes away aster about 10 min. Is something wrong with my screen. Is anyone else having this problem?