Screen ... imprints?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by seh80, Jul 11, 2009.

1. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

Hmm, I'm not sure what they are called. Last night, I left an email up on my screen. I had the program Caffeine on so my machine wouldn't go to sleep or go to screen saver. I forgot about this and went to bed. Seven hours later I am up, and when I minimized the email, the imprint is still on my screen (like a watermark in my background wallpaper)... I can read the whole thing. Now I know it isn't good not to let the screen saver come on, but isn't that a bit extreme? Seven hours? >.>

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes, that does seem a little odd to me. If you restart, is the imprint still there?

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Burn in is not supposed to happen on LCD. Have you tried restarting the computer (after leaving it off for a few mins)?

4. seh80 thread starter macrumors 6502

seh80

It is still there. The dock is also imprinted really badly. Normally I do properly put it to sleep/screen saver it...
    The computer isn't that old, but I have had nothing but problems with it. I wonder if Applecare would allow me to send it back without something very obviously broken. For example, iPhoto keeps dying. I get all of my thousands of pictures in there, tagged, and then the program wont open for anything just hangs. Nothing on this machine seems to work quite right. Frustrating.

Thanks for the link to removing the problem.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2638

6. seh80 thread starter macrumors 6502

seh80

Tried to do that, it just froze. Finally reinstalled os x and a got rid of iLife '09.
    Now the computer doesn't recognize my extra mouse buttons on my third party mouse. Did before.

Anyway, thanks for all of the help.