screen is not aligned with body

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SimplyBilly, Jul 21, 2013.

1. SimplyBilly, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013

SimplyBilly macrumors newbie

My MacBook Pro's lid isn't aligned with body. When I close the lid the bottom right edge (palm rest) sticks out a few millimeters. I still have apple care on it, since its only 10 months old. But, will apple even repair it? I honestly have no idea how it got misaligned, I've babied it since the day I got it. Could this happen over time (I'm also staying at my girlfriends moms house and her brother and I aren't exactly the best of friends...)? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Oops meant mm =P

2. Astroboy907, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013

Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

A few CENTIMETERS?! Get that checked out by apple. Mines off by like 2mm... So a few centimeters might warrant a repair or something...

Edit: author changed to a few mm's. Its all good.

Personally it sounds like a loose hinge. If you are comfortable taking it apart you could check and tighten the hinge screws...

3. ok.Eric macrumors member

I would take it in, I have a brand new 13" air that's off by like a millimeter or less (enough to notice if you look extremely close and meticulously), but not enough to warrant a fix or even replacement.

4. scbond macrumors 6502

Apple would do something about it but whether they'd do so for free is unlikely as, to them, it looks like user damage. I have had the same issue on brand new machines before but they were returned as a result.

5. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

maybe some hinge alignment will solve it take it to apple and they will do it free if in protection plan or for a small charge.