Screen is super bad

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by es1, Mar 12, 2014.

1. es1 macrumors newbie

I tested two Airs today and the screen was bery bad. The quality was very similar to my 2009 VAIO. I mean it was so bad I wouldn't use it if I got the laptop for free. I also compared the screen to Samsung Series 9 (which had matte screen too) and the Samsung screen was like 100x better. The difference was like night and day. Samsung was very close to the new rMBP. How can Apple sell trash like this?

2. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

I had a 2011 13" MBA and now have a 2013 11" MBA. I really don't have a problem with the screens. Could they be better? Sure. But for me they are "good enough".

If you don't find the screen acceptable, don't buy a MBA, it's not the right computer for everybody. But calling it "trash" just makes you sound like a troll. There are millions of happy MBA owners.

3. es1 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's trash compared to any modern laptop with IPS panel = glossy screens and Samsung matte screens. The quality of that screen is way outdated. I know many use cheap 400$ laptops and think they are great, but I don't want to pay 1000$ for a laptop that has as bad screen as those that can be bought for few hundred bucks.

4. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Stop moaning and get a rMBP instead.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

6. es1 thread starter macrumors newbie

There's no excuses for selling crappy products in this price range.

rMBP had too shallow keyboard.

7. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

The Air has a decent screen. But there are better screens out there, such as the retina display on the rMBP which is amazing.

Keyboard is just fine on the rMBP. You were using it wrong.

8. mortenandersen macrumors 6502

"You were using it wrong." You're being ironical, aren't you - referring to what Jobs told us about how not to hold the iPhone some years ago?

Or: How can one use a keyboard in a "wrong" way? :confused:

9. Orr macrumors 6502

Orr

Given that you seem to feel very strongly about this, you should email Tim Cook for an explanation.

10. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

Ever notice how the majority of these sorts of complaints are by newly joined members or those who joined a few years ago but never achieve anything beyond "member" status?

11. AnorexicPig macrumors 6502

AnorexicPig

It seems like a troll post. '100x better'-like seriously ? I had a 2012 MBA and upgraded to late 2013 rMBP, while the difference in screen is definately noticeable, I won't say that the difference is night and day.

The MBA screen is still perfectly good. And as you so strongly feel it is trash, why are you so concerned ? Get that samsung lol, personally I can never stand a Matte display.

12. Alphabetize macrumors 6502

Alphabetize

I'm quite happy with the display of my 2013 MacBook Air. I upgraded from a 2006 MacBook and there is a major improvement between them. Apparently the Retina MacBook Pros have much higher quality displays but I didn't really notice it.

13. jamesjanzen macrumors newbie

The macbook air screen is bad? I read about that before buying mine, but the only time I actually consider it is when I read threads like this. I can't see anything at all bad about the screen, unless one was doing photo/video editing - and in that case, you should be going with an rMBP instead.

14. kathyricks macrumors 6502

And go with the 15" rMBP in the case of video editing because even the 15" rMBP is a bit squeezed for real estate when working with video editors and the inherent desktop clutter that goes with them.

15. abta1 macrumors 6502

He's just a troll, leave him be, probably past him bed time anyway.

16. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Ya, he's just stirring things up. If not here, then on the iPhone forums and spouting about how awesome and innovative Android is vs Apple. Ignore him and he'll go away.

17. stevo88 macrumors newbie

I just received my 2013 MBA the other day so my experience is limited but I am quite impressed with the screen quality. Compared to my old sony vaio nr430d, it's without a doubt nicer to look at. I know the MBA uses the same old panels as before, we are all aware of that. But this does not mean the MBA air's screen is terrible. It's not. One thing that's stood out so far is that bolded text's don't look great on the MBA. Finer fonts look much better.

I personally, did not find the rMBP's screen to be so much better to the point where it outweighed the big advantage of the MBA's extra battery juice (both now and long term when the battery capacity has decreased).

18. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    curses!! Outed again!! Death to the trollie!:d

19. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

"Super bad"? Really?

Feeding the trolls,

-Dweez