Screen Issue -- black streaks... almost as if the screen is only half off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iiqwertyii, Aug 27, 2008.

1. iiqwertyii macrumors newbie

My phone occasionally has black, vertical streaks on it. It almost looks like the screen doesn't fully shut off. When the phone is off, normally, the screen will be grayish in color. When the phone is on the screen background will be black, but sometimes when my phone is put on standby the screen will look like a combination of both. Does anyone else have problems like this? Is it normal? I can't reproduce it when I want to. It's just a random thing that happens every now and then. I've only had my phone for about 5 days now.

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

if you see it when hitting the top lock button, it is normal.

3. iiqwertyii thread starter macrumors newbie

It happens whether I hit the top button or if I just let it go to standby on its own. The streaks stay until I turn it on again. Is that ok?

4. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

I've noticed this as well. If i turn the screen off with the top button, the screen goes grey, but if I let the phone go to standby on its own after a few minutes, I can see black streaks as though the screen has been blacked out but not powered down. I haven't done anything to judge what effect it has on battery life, but my gut feel is that some power still goes to the screen (at least on a residual basis), so i just try to remember to press the top button to avoid the problem.

Another bug, I guess.

5. iiqwertyii thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think that this is an issue to be concerned about? I don't want a damaged screen or anything like that.