iPhone XS Screen Issue - faint line (photo attached)

MKB_UHD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2018
Hello,
I've just got an iPhone xs. Everything seemed fine, till late night when I used the iPhone xs with lowest brightness setting.
I noticed three horizontal faint white lines. They are most visible when the background is light colored.
They are persistent and not flickering. They disappear as soon as increased the screen brightness.

Any one has same issue? Is this a normal OLED behavior?

Thank you

shadow82x

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2012
New Jersey
Hello,
I've just got an iPhone xs. Everything seemed fine, till late night when I used the iPhone xs with lowest brightness setting.
I noticed three horizontal faint white lines. They are most visible when the background is light colored.
They are persistent and not flickering. They disappear as soon as increased the screen brightness.

Any one has same issue? Is this a normal OLED behavior?

Thank you

Don't notice it on my XS Max

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona
I have never viewed a blank screen and turn the brightness all the way down. I always view content so I haven’t seen anything like you’ve described

MKB_UHD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2018
thank you for your replies.

I have never viewed a blank screen and turn the brightness all the way down. I always view content so I haven’t seen anything like you’ve described
I noticed it while scrolling my iMessages before sleeping. When all the lights are off. The background doesn't have to be blank.

MKB_UHD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2018
update: i checked three Xs at a local store. They were fine. I think my unit is defective.