Screen Issue On Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by itsmilo, Mar 1, 2018.

1. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

any idea what that is? Looks almost like black ink leaking.

Attached Files:

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Looks like moisture may have came in contact with the OLED.

3. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Have you tried changing the band?

Just kidding.

Go with the moisture thing and not the band changing

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Without a doubt water or moisture has got inside the watch. Even the slightest contact will turn the screen black as it will no longer work where it got wet.

Hope we are under warranty.

5. itsmilo thread starter macrumors 68020

itsmilo

So stupid, didnt even get in contact with water. I swear Miami humidity hates me. First my 170 euro leather band falls apart because of the humidity and now this ...

Attached Files:

6. Relentless Power, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

So here is what I find odd about this situation:

You Started the same thread on your Apple Watch with a picture attached with same display problem in the same right lower corner on the display on May 1, 2017. In the thread, you stated it never “Saw more than a rainy day.“

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/strange-display-issue.2043883/

And now today, March 1 2018 , you are saying you’re experiencing the same problem again on the same exact location on your Apple Watch, which you said it never was exposed to any water, but in the other thread you said it saw a rainy day.

Is this completely coincidental of the same Day of the month or can you explain this further? I’m Not being accusatory of anything, I’m just genuinely confused here. I’m also assuming this is the exact same Apple Watch as well. Which others told you that thread I listed above that it is water/Moisture damage, which in fact it is.

7. itsmilo thread starter macrumors 68020

itsmilo

lol you know more than me!

some random asked on instagram if he should get an Apple Watch so it was the first time i actually put some thoughts behind my Apple Watch in a while. i didnt even remember asking it before

8. wesley96 macrumors 6502

wesley96

What iteration of AW is yours? On the May 2017 post you said "for months", so unless you had issues almost immediately it could be possible that you have the 1st generation (so-called Series 0) Apple Watch. I've seen this (yes, it's the water damage) happen on my Series 0 before and it's likely due to the fact that it has weaker water resistance.

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I believe the OP has a first Generation Apple Watch. Which is only splash resistant Rated at IPX7.