Screen issue

Discussion in 'iMac' started by VegMade702, Aug 19, 2011.

1. VegMade702 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

Does anyone know what could cause the orangish/yellow discoloration on the top grey bar? Just noticed it, need to know if I gotta call apple. Thanks

2. wavey.dave macrumors newbie

Looks to me like its caused by the transparency level of the menu bar? It's only orange where the picture is orange beneath it, or am I missing something?

3. rikbrown macrumors regular

Yeah, hah, that's just the transparent menu bar. You can turn it off in System Prefs.

4. IeU macrumors member

Attached Files:

5. VegMade702 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea sorry uploaded the wrong picture... the first one u said when I click the apple it does that, but its kinda orange

6. IeU macrumors member

7. VegMade702 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, hopefully I dont... have u talked to apple about it?

8. IeU macrumors member

No, wondering what to do. I love my iMac and is not even 3 months old. It just happens when i do very long gaming sessions . . .

I do not want to be without my iMac for 2 weeks and i have 3 years warranty, so i ll wait a bit to see others responses and so on . . .

It looks like overheating at first, but if it really was overheating, the IMac would/should reboot/turn if self off as a security measure, and he is not doing that.

So i believe it might be something else, that could be fixed thru a software update . . .

When does yours happen?

I noticed too, that mine also happens when watching HD Youtube videos . . .
    So, i believe it is def. not overheating, more probably a driver/software issue . . .

Attached Files: