Screen issues limited to video...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JonfromVegas, Sep 16, 2007.

1. JonfromVegas macrumors newbie

Has any one else noticed this? When I play video, I experience the same "almost grey" black spots like everyone else has been reporting. My album artwork, on the other hand, is perfect. I get deep dark blacks no matter what angle I'm looking at. Even coverflow looks great. Same with the black in the homepage.
    Am I the only one experiencing this? If my eyes aren't bugging out, this would lead me to believe that the "screen" problems are a software issue affecting only the video mechanism.
    Let me know what you guys are seeing!

2. EnTg888 macrumors member

Yeah, it's definitely worst when playing video. But the volume bar on the Now Playing music screen also has the problem on mine... I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for this forum. :p

3. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

It's a hardware issue. Video is just where you can really see it best.

Get tools "10,000 days" album cover and paste it onto a mp3 you already have an look at it in horizontal coverflow mode. The black area's around the purple is VERY obvious the you're getting negative blacks.

Attached Files:

4. cwc123188 macrumors regular

Wow that's very true. This is the best screen test picture I have seen.

5. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

yeah it becomes quite apparant in the horizontal coverflow mode. If you look at it straight on, the blacks look like translucent grey, which is a sharp contract to the artwork of the face.

tip the lefthand corner of the Touch back and away, and it instantly becomes normal.

Bogus.

6. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

I've got a great image to show how bad the problem is... but I'm really having a hell of a time trying to take a photo of the touch. How is everyone getting such good pictures?