Screen Issues: What would you do? Have you done?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Sirmausalot, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

Okay, I have just purchased a refurb 27" iMac. The screen issues aren't terrible, but it does have the gray band towards the bottom of the screen. Do I now start playing screen roulette and possibly get something worse (with serious yellow issues) or live with what I have:confused:?

My inclination is to try to swap it out. What have others done? What would you do?

2. KasperH macrumors regular

KasperH

swap it!
    they will let you keep the one you have until the new one arrives anyway, so just use time machine to restore your settings and data to the new one. (it takes 10 minutes)

3. techhead42 macrumors member

I won't give you all the details but I am in the process of my 4th iMac replacement. 3 have had foreign objects under the glass from hair to dust and some had a grey band along the bottom along with the worse backlight bleed I have ever seen in a computer. Suffice to say Applecare have been excellent and are totally ashamed of the quality control after seeing the evidence. In saying that though this will be the last time they send out a replacement, after that it's a full refund if this ones not up to scratch.

4. Spike88, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011

Spike88 macrumors 6502a

Swap it out. And, swap it out until you get a perfect iMac replacement. Let's face it... These iMac (low and high end models) are big dollars. Its like buying a $70,000 vehicle. If received an expensive vehicle with a dent in the door or its glass screwed up, you'd return it. Without hesitation. And one does it because they have the legal and ethical right for a perfect machine. Same applies to an iMac (new or Refab). It it isn't perfect, swap it out. Just like an Apple employee would swap out their iMac - if they got a "less then perfect" iMac as well...

If wondering, I have a perfect screen iMac. They do exist. Keep swapping out until you get one. It is your legal right - as a consumer.