Screen Judder. Help.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dallas112678, Jul 20, 2012.

1. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

I just got my hi-res antiglare and I've noticed a few things.

The easiest way to give an example is my desktop picture. My desktop is of a landscape with high rise building that obviously have many sharp straight lines.

When I side swipe back to my desktop, I see what looks like screen judder where the lines of the skyscrapers look to "vibrate".

Even the lines of this forum page will appear to vibrate while in motion before coming to a stop.

This obviously stops when the screen is static but is this normal?

2. Panini macrumors regular

I had this same issue when I first saw the Macbook Pro as well.

Do you see a lot of small vertical lines when it happens?

3. dallas112678 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kind of. It's mainly the vertical lines you notice as if they shift over to either side like a vibration.

I already managed to take into the Genius bar and they ran a hardware test that showed everything is working fine.

I also saw the same effect on one of the macbook airs they had on display. Whatever is causing this, I don't think it is hardware related and won't be fixed by trying to get it swapped. Either way, I'm happy it isn't the hardware.

4. Panini macrumors regular

Yeah, 99% of the people I told/showed this to didn't know what I was talking about even when I explained in detail and forced them to stare at the screen.

Interestingly, it seems to happen with all macbook displays (except for the old macbook and retina macbook pro).

It's really strange. At first it was really distracting but now it's pretty much gone - but I can always see it if I look hard enough. You'll get used to it.

There's also another phenomenon I've noticed which is that while looking at stationary things they seem to have a bunch of vertical and horizontal lines running through them and actually moving. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I don't see this with any other displays...

5. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Do those lines ever ask you to do harm to yourself or others?