"screen lamination issues" = anti glare iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mcpix, Jul 23, 2012.

1. mcpix macrumors regular

I don't know if this means a retina display, but I think it definitely means the new iMacs will have an anti glare display. The article goes on further to suggest a late September or early October availability.

I still think the retina iMac will come next year, but at least we'll see a spec bumped, anti glare iMac this year.

2. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

I don't know about a completely matte finish but definitely a more integrated design with the glass as they did with the rMBP to reduce the glare.

3. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I think it's safe to assume apple will go the same way with all their screens as the rMBP. It's a better solution. Screen has less thickness and they are able to reduce glare (it's a smarter build technology). This reason alone is enough for me to wait until sept-oct... Though I'm not happy about the wait :(

4. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Lets hope this means that the newer screen technology comes with a method in which the internals of the machine can be accessed easierly.

My biggest gripe was that piece of glass over top of everything. Sure it looked nice, but to get inside the machine, people had to contend with that glass layer getting dust on the inside, etc. Really disappointing in my opinion.

By the way, the Mac Frame looks awesome! Was reading about it just now!

5. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Screen lamination issues = bulls**t ! It's just the hypothetical guess of an analyst who doesn't have a clue why Apple has not upgraded the iMac line yet !!!

The real truth is no one knows when Apple is gonna release a new iMac ... and as long as we don't get leaks, we must expect the date to be 2013 !!!

6. washburn macrumors 6502

if the retina iMac was put out, I wonder how expensive it would be?

would Apple release a retina version iMac in a 21" first along with the current refreshed iMacs?

7. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

He's been spot on in the past about numerous details. I'm more likely to believe him than you.

8. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

You can't even imagine how I wish you were right ... I'm only trying to be realistic !

9. Mengele macrumors member

An additional $2000 minimum, just in materials cost.

10. mcpix thread starter macrumors regular

11. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

The best hint we have towards what Apple might call a Retina iMac is the 32" 4K IGZO panel Sharp is producing. I can't find any informed opinions on what that might cost Apple. There's been absolutely no suggestion of "Retina" in 21" or 27" sizes (though silencing isn't really indicative of anything at all).