Screen like on the iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Meister, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Meister Suspended

Oct 10, 2013
    Today I spent hours checking out various external screens that I want to connect to a mba and rmbp.

I liked the LG 25 um65, but we couldn't get the mba to display 2560x1080, so I guess that is out of the question.

I really like the screens on the iMacs and I would actually be satisfied with one just the size of the 21".

But where could I get such a screen? 1920x1080, glossy, ips panel in only 21" doesn't really sound to difficult to find, but I am really lost here and all the screens I've seen in real life are just beyond terrible. I am almost ready to buy the entry 21" imac just for target screen mode sake.

Ideas anyone?
  2. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Mar 7, 2010
    What mba do you have and how are you connecting it? My 2014 can connect to my 21:19 34" and display 3440x1400 no problems over thunderbolt.
  3. ra004e macrumors regular

Jun 8, 2009
    These are just what your looking for IPS, glossy, fit perfectly on top of mac mini and cheap.

Get this (DVI) version as the HDMI version will have issues with macs as they get treated as TVs.

Will need to order a cable as they only include VGA.
  4. Meister thread starter Suspended

Oct 10, 2013
    Thank you! :)
    I already have a vga adapter, so the vga cable might work fine.
  5. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

Aug 8, 2008
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Get a HDMI or DisplayPort cable.
    That VGA cable is probably part of your problem.
  6. Meister thread starter Suspended

Oct 10, 2013
    The tests I mentioned where with hdmi 1.4 cables, tb and dvi.
  7. ra004e macrumors regular

Jun 8, 2009
    Definitely do either miniDP 2 DVI or HDMI 2 DVI, image quality is so much better. I have one of these monitors hooked up to rMBP via miniDP 2 DVI, it works flawlessly and looks awesome ( my opinion ). The 21.5 iMac monitor is a little better, but not by much. Good luck.