screen lock and 4.3 update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lsdgillz, Mar 25, 2011.

1. lsdgillz macrumors newbie

alright so just having this issue where if i turn my screen it doesn't switch while browsing or texting...i apologize if this is a quick easy fix but i've been searching for awhile and i can't find a solution, any help is appreciated!

2. mohicanspap macrumors regular

Can you be more specific?

3. lsdgillz thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure thing, so for example when you're texting and you turn your phone sideways the keyboard switches to the length of the phone as well as the text area....after the update this feature is "locked" like you can do on the ipad now with the update.

4. rlav macrumors member

It is probably not this easy, but the first place to check would be the multitasking bar. Double tap the home button and this bar will come up. Scroll to the left, and you will see iPod controls along with another icon with an arrow on the left side. This last icon locks the phone into portrait orientation. If there is a padlock inside this icon that means it is locked in portrait, just touch the icon, the lock should go away, and your screen should flip as you wish.

5. lsdgillz thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks so much! I looked through everything except there, have a good one!

6. lsdgillz thread starter macrumors newbie

you'd think it would be under settings not next to the ipod app :p