Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dukat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Since installing iOS9, my iPhone 6 display dims at 45 seconds and locks at 60 seconds, despite Auto-Lock being set to 2 minutes. I tried all settings up to 5 minutes, no change, still locks after 60 seconds.

The only option that makes a difference now is using 'No Lock'.

I restored backup to the 6s today, problem remains.

Apple's suggestion, just like every suggestion they've ever given when I call is, 'Reset the phone as New'.

I have 50GB+ of data, dozens of mail accounts, calendars, ~150 apps to manually find and download,.. many of which need some method of authentication to get working, game saves, etc. Resetting the phone as new would be quite the hassle.

Any suggestions other than Apple's default response to everything?

Thanks

Dukat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Turns out this problem is related to a Touch ID bug introduced in iOS9.

When I disable Touch ID on both the iPhone 6 and 6s, the problem goes away. Turning Touch ID back on returns auto-lock time to half it's stated value.

I tried setting up the phone as new but the problem recurs when Touch ID is activated.

mario-64

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
Turns out this problem is related to a Touch ID bug introduced in iOS9.

When I disable Touch ID on both the iPhone 6 and 6s, the problem goes away. Turning Touch ID back on returns auto-lock time to half it's stated value.

I tried setting up the phone as new but the problem recurs when Touch ID is activated.
Confirmed. Same issue on my 6s with 9.0.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.