iPhone X Screen looks strange on iphone X

meeebee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2016
I bought a refurb iphone X and the screen looks to be different than what I think it should look like. Face ID seems to be fine, and pictures seem to be fine. But notice the visible cameras on either side and two holes for the sound. Should I worry?

Attachments

Last edited:

alpi123

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2014
This is the glass screen protector lmao

There are three kinds - screen protector that doesn't go fully to the screen and has a cut out for the notch, and those who are edge to edge and they're either one sheet of glass or one sheet of glass surrounded by a black plastic border (like in this case)

mritech

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2015
Yeah something is not right. Even with the glass screen protector unless you’re in bright light you should only see the speaker from the outside and all of the sensors are behind the glass

msooffutt

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2010
Looks like it has a cheap full screen glass screen protector still on it. Some look just like that. If you look along the bottom edge, it looks like an air bubble where the protector isn’t touching the screen.

meeebee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2016
You nailed it. I pulled up on it and there is a screen protector under the obvious one on top. Underneath that is the actual screen. That makes me feel much better, now that I have double the protection.