Screen looks washed out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chuck67, Jan 8, 2011.

1. chuck67 macrumors newbie

I recently purchased an iphone 4, and noticed that the screen looks washed out. the colors are very dull, and everything has a gray-ish look to it. i recently switched from captivate so are my eyes just not accustomed to the iphone 4? also the black levels aren't as dark as i had expected neither are the viewing angles.. do i maybe have a defective model? thanks :apple:

2. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

The iP4's screen looks "washed out" to you because your eyes are accustomed to woefully oversaturated and inaccurate colors on the Galaxy S.

Here is a good read: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1076334

It's almost like being so used to cheap frozen foods that when you eat fresh foods, you miss the "freezer" taste and think that fresh is robbing you of flavor.

My suggestion is to use the iP4 for a few days and letting your eyes adjust. The intensity of colors displayed on the Galaxy S are unnatural and not at all lifelike.

3. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

It's an LCD screen. The SAMOLED will definitely give you more vibrant colors. You do also get better visibility outdoors, better viewing angles, and better contrast, but at the expense of Pentile Matrix.