Screen Magnifier

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Bert0364, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Bert0364 macrumors newbie

Was wondering if anyone else that users the Screen Magnifier option is having trouble since upgrading to Lion.

in Leopard nice and simple hold down the "alt" key and scroll in and out with my magic mouse.

However now whenever I select [Zoom ON] in the Universal Access menu option, the screen immediately zooms in and no zoom control is enabled. The only way to zoom out and back to normal magnification zoom level is to turn it off. The [Use scroll wheel with modifier keys to zoom] option has been tried ticked with the "alt" key symbol and also tried with this option un-ticked

Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

3. Bert0364 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply Julien, but the oldest trick in the book worked, re-starting :eek:

4. Bert0364 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well it seems to be a definite bug as I keep losing the magnifier from time to time for no obvious reason. A system restart works but it's a real pain having to do this every so often just to keep things working properly. :mad:

Is anyone else experiencing this?

5. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

For me, activating the scrensaver ( hot corner) and going back to the desktop seems to do the trick

7. Bert0364 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link to the other thread and cheers for replies, I'll see how I get on