Screen Mirorring

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by vjicecool, Oct 17, 2013.

1. vjicecool macrumors 6502

Hey Folks
    Is Apple tv the best for screen mirroring? or any other device. I am planning to play some video games on the TV using apple tv
    What about the sound, will sound come from Mac or tv?

----------

Should i buy the apple tv or wait for the new one next week (Assuming they will release a new one next week)

2. cynics macrumors G3

Depends on what you are trying to mirror. If it's other Apple products via AirPlay then yes.

I don't think we will see a new Apple TV for awhile let alone next week unless I missed something huge. Lol

3. vjicecool thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a MBA and i have installed some games which i can play with joy stick
    so i was wondering to play the games on TV using apple tv air play
    will it mirror my games?
    bumping for more answers

4. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

There is some lag to airplay mirroring. If you want to play a game on your big screen I would recommend going old school and directly connecting your MBA

5. thegreatdivorce macrumors regular

This. Although I haven't tried with Mavericks, there was enough lag with Airplay mirroring in ML that I wouldn't dream of gaming.

6. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Actually in Mavericks the lag is considerably less. I was actually able to play some simple online games with little issue.

With that said, the cursor moves with limited precision. I still wouldn't recommend hard core gaming even with Mavericks.

7. thegreatdivorce macrumors regular

That's good to know. I'll have to give it a go on Mavericks, if nothing else as a third screen.