Screen misalignment-cause for concern? (pics)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by I'mAMac, Jul 2, 2010.

1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Ok I know that what is in the pictures isn't a huge deal right now and I can live with it but I want to make sure it doesn't get worse. I don't want a year to go by and I realize its gotten even more off center.

Just to clarify the left side of the screen sticks up slightly higher than the right as seen in the pictures. If I put pressure on the left side it will noticeably drop down and be even with the right side.

What is hard to tell from the pictures is that the left side of the screen is not flush with the bottom. It hangs over the side a bit maybe a mm or less but I do notice it and can feel it if I run my finger across it. Again, not a big deal but I don't want it to get worse.

Should I call Apple and just try to get it re-aligned or is that not even worth it?

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

They will say its within spec, but same thing happened to mine and I got a nice Genius and he replaced mine with a brand new in box one!

3. WeeShoo macrumors regular

A teacher at my school got a brand new 17'' that did the same thing. I could slide a piece of paper in between the gap. It was almost as if the magnets were not holding the screen down to the body. Bring it to a Genius. They should understand.

4. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Genius experience

Well I took it to the genius bar and I'm happy to say they were great. Took 10 minutes for them to realign the screen. no appointment or even a check in. If anybody has this problem don't hesitate to take it in they should do it no questions asked.

5. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

That's amazing to hear. I have a problem with my screen alignment also. I have an appointment on Monday morning so hopefully it'll be fixed quickly.

6. brianfast macrumors regular

I had a misalignment problem... then I went to apple and got it replaced. They did not perform a "fix".

The replacement also had a similar problem... I just decided to live with it.

In my completely unscientific survey 3/5 of Macbook Pros in stores have misalignment issues to some degree. The genius who replaced my macbook said that lots of macbooks have these issues...

Quality control is failing at Apple's manufacturers.