screen/motion capture program??????

Discussion in 'macOS' started by potterg, Feb 27, 2009.

1. potterg macrumors member

I am looking for a program, preferably free, that will allow me to do screen captures. Actually, it would be more like motion capture. I need to record myself doing a few things on my computer. It's for a tutorial that I was asked to create. I would love any suggestions. Thanks.

2. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

3. blythy macrumors member

4. kmarketing macrumors 6502

Also Snapz may be what you need. It works great for me!

5. EmperorDarius macrumors 6502a

ScreenFlow is the best. Even apple uses it in some of its video tutorials.

6. potterg thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys!
    I picked up Screenflow. It is a really great program.

7. zombitronic macrumors 65816

zombitronic

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's only a useful post for those who know how to click on links and read, and who aren't too lazy to do so.

9. zombitronic macrumors 65816

zombitronic

Lazy has nothing to do with it. The point of a thread is to provide your own helpful opinions and information. Using your logic, the response to almost threads in this forum should be "search." Have you considered that searching turns up results to questions that had been answered in threads such as these? If you had given an opinion about your experience with screen capture programs it would have added to the usefulness of the very search you replied with.

Back on topic, check out the "Making a video zoom & pan" demo video on ScreenFlow's website. This feature was the deal maker, for me.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The point is, if you search, you'll find answers to commonly-asked questions, without starting new duplicate threads. Many in the forum aren't aware that some topics have already been discussed at length, so pointing them to other threads will give them more answers than they'll find in this thread alone. Searching before starting a new thread also happens to be a forum rule, if you took the time to read that.

You answer threads the way you choose to, and I'll answer them the way I choose to. If you don't like it, ignore my posts.