Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DELINDA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
I have a two year old 13" mac laptop . 10.5.6 / 2 GHZ Intel core duo/2GHz667MHz . My problem is this : within the last month the brightness setting has shifted from bright to dull all by its self . Each time I move the slider up (pref. display) it moves down so that my screen is difficult see . Any thoughts on what is happening and how it can be fixed ?

epyfa

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2009
http://127.0.0.1
I have a two year old 13" mac laptop . 10.5.6 / 2 GHZ Intel core duo/2GHz667MHz . My problem is this : within the last month the brightness setting has shifted from bright to dull all by its self . Each time I move the slider up (pref. display) it moves down so that my screen is difficult see . Any thoughts on what is happening and how it can be fixed ?

Maybe there is another application that changes the brightness.

Avi

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009

is your macbook set to auto-adjust the display brightness? If yes, turn it off. It basically adjusts the display brightness depending on the surrounding ambient light and sometimes it becomes hard to see.

DELINDA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Screen not bright

Thank you AVI . I went to energy saver and turned off "auto reduce brightness of display before display sleep " . It seems to be holding . Should I loose screen brightness again I will phone apple support .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.