screen not in position

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Zillicah, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Zillicah macrumors member

my screen is slightly over to the right. on the left, you can feel the base of the macbook and on the right you can see that screen go over the base of the macbook. the magnet is also weaker and the screen is uneven and it makes a creaking noise when slowly closed. will apple care cover this?

2. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

which model macbook do you have? I'm assuming a whitebook.
    Several forum users have posted saying their white MB screens are to the left or right by a few mm, mine is the same.
    I'm not sure Apple will do anything about it though, it doesn't effect the functionality of your computer does it?

3. KielderWolf macrumors regular

KielderWolf

My BlackBook is like this also, the screen appears to be slightly rotated so when you close it the right side of the screen sticks over the rest of the machine by a fraction of an inch. I just put it down to the fact I've had the laptop over a year and every day it gets opened, closed, thrown in my rucksack, bumped across the country in the car, and the plastic has warped accordingly.

However mine does not seem to be as prominent as yours, and if it is so far off that the magnetic latches are having trouble matching up, then you should have a case to get it looked at, though no guarantees whether AppleCare will cover the costs.

Apple has historically not been as ready to replace warped plastic frames as they have cracked plastic frames, a move I feel may be because a crack can directly impact the cases integrity.

Good luck! Wolf ∑:•p

4. Zillicah thread starter macrumors member

nope, this is an aluminum 13inch macbook. i'm pissed cuz i bought this a few months ago and it already had problems. i expect a $1600 machine to not have problems like these...