Screen not responding to "tap" but responds to flicks?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bmonster, Feb 2, 2008.

1. bmonster macrumors member

I've had an iPhone since almost day 1, and ever since I got it, once in a while (maybe once a week), the screen will suddenly not respond to taps anymore.. meaning I can't select a contact, but it will still respond to swipes and flicks, meaning i scroll through my contacts/music/whatever program I am in. The only way I have found to resolve it is to do a reset. If I don't reset it and just lock it and and try again later, sometimes it then works correctly, sometimes it doesn't.

I sent it in to applecare a few months ago because the touch feature would stop working completely, ie. i could not answer a call that was coming in. But they couldn't duplicate the problem and sent me the same phone back. I didn't even mention this problem when I sent my phone in.

I won't go to my local store (Apple Store Penn Square in OKC) because they treat me like I'm a dumbass for other reasons i've been there.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

the same thing happened to me yesterday-- tapped and no response...then a few seconds later the tap would register. i just turned it on and off and it seems to be working fine now-- i guess it just felt like not cooperating for a minute!

i am sure there is nothing wrong, but will keep an eye on it and take it to the local store if needed