Resolved Screen-Off iPad3 battery reduces 1% every 15 minutes

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Processor, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Processor, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

Processor macrumors member

Hi guys:D
    I found a weird phenomenon:
    My ipad3 4g/32gb`s battery reduces 1% every 15-25 minutes after I have turned off it (By pressing the top button, so the screen is dark)

My bluetooth is on.

Anyone experienced the same problem or its normal?

Thank you very much!:)

2. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I have the exact same configuration and mine does the same thing, however when I turn it off and turn it back on the battery reverts back to 100% and stays there for hours. I believe it's a glitch in the battery meter. So I just cut mine off and on every morning and seems to fix the problem.

3. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

I put it in airplane mode, turned off everything, it will only drop 1-2% after 12 hours....

4. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

I bring it to work frequently and have it screen off wifi on but not connected. I'll go from 7am to 1pm and stay at 100% and then I'll play Air Supremacy for about 30mins/catch up on RSS feeds/twitter....... And then I listen to music for about 4-5hrs from 2-630.. When I get home i have no less the 85% left. That's outstanding.. If I don't play games its around 94%.

I wonder if you didn't properly cycle your battery In the beginning or something

5. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I had the same problem with a 4G/16GB from the day it was delivered (1st release day) until about 5 days ago. Then it was suddenly 'normal.' Then it went back to the rapid depletion today. There are no background apps running and Bluetooth is off.

6. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

Same here. ^^

7. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

FWIW I have a Wi-Fi model.... Maybe the radio is running during screen off scenarios preventing sleep mode. I know it's an issue on 4G LTE Android devices from time to time

8. Processor thread starter macrumors member

How to turn off the "radio" to save my battery? Thank you.

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's the trick....It's also the best way to get the fastest charge time. Wifi and BT on increases the time it takes to charge, and will drain your battery faster, even when the iPad is sleeping.

10. WalledMacGarden macrumors regular

I charged mine to 100% left wifi and bluetooth on, cellular off. It was still 100% after 24 hours of no use just sleeping, after 48 hours is 99%...will check after another 24.

When I was using it, was getting 11 hours on a "full" charge...my brightness is set at 40% no auto, LTE off, using just the wifi. I better hold on to this one, sounds like I won the battery lottery.:D Easily as good as the 2nd gen. I have maybe better.

Still have my iPad 2, so I could afford to let the new one sleep to test it, wanted to see if the new one lost anything just sleeping and I guess in my case it's like the 2, hardly loses anything in sleep.

I find WIFI or the new bluetooth does not effect my battery while sleeping, things that will lower battery while sleeping...push email (don't use push on my ipad) iCloud sync? And other apps that check the internet while left in multi task mode, some apps ask you if you want push notifications.

----------

Settings, cellular data...turn off when not using and on wifi...this can be huge depending on how strong your cellular signal is, the lower the strength (if your far from a tower) the more power your device may use.