Screen on MBP 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by timROGERS, Jun 10, 2009.

1. timROGERS macrumors member

What is the screen like on the new MBP 13"? I'm planning to buy one soon and I was wondering how much better it is than the old UMB.

Has anyone got photos, or even better, comparisons?

2. Philflow macrumors 65816

It's using an MBA screen and yes it's a lot better.

3. dman777 macrumors newbie

No it's not. If I recall, the model numbers are similar BUT not exactly the same. And if it was the macbook air screen, that would be bad because the new screen should be better than the macair. I've seen the Macair screen and it is way overrated. horrible vertical viewing angles.

4. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would say that yours is in the distinct minority. Most people including me and Philflow, probably the same one who is a moderator at notebook review, think that the macbook air screen is arguably the best one that you can buy in a 13" notebook at this time.

5. Philflow macrumors 65816

I agree yes. And it would be strange if Apple was using the same '9C9F' id for different displays. Seems unlikely to me.

The other display being used in the new 13" MBP is 9CBD and also looks very good, going by the first reports and pictures (as far as that is possible).

Maybe you were unlucky. Apple used several displays for the MBA. Or maybe your expectations were too high, after all it is still a TN display.

6. machappymeal macrumors member

9c9f for my MacBook Pro 13".

I previously had the unibody MacBook. The difference in screen quality is like night and day. Seriously.

7. jqc macrumors regular