Screen on when notification arrives

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gohoomoa, Oct 25, 2016.

1. gohoomoa macrumors newbie

gohoomoa

Hi, new to apple watch and just purchased 42 aluminum series 2.
    I have been trying to find away to have apple watch screen goes on when new notification arrives or phone call, similar like iphone, but i haven't found away yet, am i missing something?
    I don't want to have raise to wake enabled nor click on the screen to see the notification
    Thanks

2. Mr.Blacky macrumors regular

Then you´re out of luck! But why don´t you want to have "raise to wake" enabled?

3. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Exactly. The phone pings and vibrates so I raise my wrist to access the notification. Simples. I cant see what the advantage is of having the watch light up by itself, unless its not on the ops wrist

4. gohoomoa thread starter macrumors newbie

gohoomoa

The problem is i drive almost 3 hours a day and i always put my hand on the top of the steering wheel, so every time i turn the wheel right or left the watch goes on which worries me that the battery may run out due to repetitive useless screen on. Hope i explained it clearly

5. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Trust me your battery life will be fine. You don't realise how many time in a day your watch will light up. After 12 hours I am still on over 50 percent with regular use and lighting up

6. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Unless you're also going to use it for running/swimming then your battery life should be fine. I have a Series 1 and drive an hour to and an hour from work, I usually end up with about 35-40% of battery left at the end of the day.

Also, if you need to charge the battery mid-day for whatever reason it doesn't take too long to build it up to a decent amount.