Screen Poll

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Mar 3, 2008.

?

Would you risk buying a Peryn MBP off Apple.ca knowing u can get a yellow screen?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. zeiter macrumors 6502

Hey...with all those yellow tint problems, I don't know if I should risk it and order a MBP off apple.ca education website. What if there is a yellow tint, it's not as easy as going to an Apple store which is like 3 hours away from me :( Will they accept it and send me a new one until I get a perfect screen? Do they send refurbished ones when you ask for a new screen??

I need some explanations here...

thanks

Nota Bene: what is BTO ?

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

They give you a completely new MBP as long as it is within the 14-day exchange period. After that, they will repair it for you.

Also, BTO means build to order.

And I think it's just these forums trying to make it seem like the yellow screen problems are more than 50%. I thinks it's a lot less.

3. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah well, what if they don't get me a good screen within 14 days?? Why should I get a refurb since it's not my fault?

4. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

They won't give you a refurb.

5. DocSmitty macrumors regular

Just got my brand new 2.5 Penryn and I'm not seeing any sort of yellowing. If you do happen to be unlucky and get one with a visible problem, typically within the 14 day return period they would replace it with new, and later possibly swap out the screen. Unlikely that they would send you a refurb to replace a brand new laptop.

BTO = Build(t) to Order

6. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

If I buy online, can I just go into an Apple store to do the exchange or I really have to deal with the online store only?

7. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

You can go to the store. As a matter of fact, I don't think they do exchanges int he online store =/

8. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks...

wow..50% wouldn't buy it online....the thing is stores around here don't do the student discount, I would have to go to Montréal which is like 3 hours away from my home town :(

9. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

10. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

another question. Does the new peryn videocard supports 1080p hdcp video out when dvi->hdmi ?

11. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

Has there been any confirm reports here of the new Penryns having the yellow screen issue?

12. Lyshen macrumors 6502

Yes there are, I had one. :mad:

But the current Penryn MBP I am using now does not. :)

13. aviationwiz macrumors regular

It's not really a big deal like people would make it seem, the reason why you hear a lot about it is because when people have a problem, they come here to post about it. Most people don't come on when they buy a new computer and post "OK, got a new computer, everything is working."

If you want it, buy it. If it's significantly cheaper to buy it online, buy it online. Don't worry about all the "what ifs" that could happen with your new purchase, because you'll have those "what if" situations with any piece of technology that you buy.

14. mbrydone macrumors regular