Screen popping near home button

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gigemzach, Apr 7, 2011.

1. gigemzach macrumors 6502

On the right side of the home button the screen moves down each time it is pressed and when released it makes a popping noise as it comes up. The other side does not do this. Do you think I should get a replacement? I'm also afraid that the replacement would be worse. I've read stories where people's replacement was worse (dimmer screen, crooked home button, worse backlight bleeding, cracking at the top, etc.). What should I do? Also, I have a skin on the front and back? Am I just out on this completely?

Thanks.

2. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

You should definitely get a replacement for that. Mine doesn't do that at all so there are good ones out there. Also you can open the replacement iPad in the store in front of the genius to make sure it doesn't have the same problem.

3. gigemzach thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Will they do anything about having to throw away the skin?

4. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

Check if the company that makes the skins provides refunds or exchanges under your circumstances.

5. gigemzach thread starter macrumors 6502

It's BSE, so I doubt it. :rolleyes: