Screen Positioning on CRT

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Arkious, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Arkious macrumors 6502a

Arkious

Hey guys,

One thing that really annoys me when booting my G3 iMac is that when booting, the apple is off centre with the rest of the screen. I would have thought it would have used the same settings as the desktop uses but it doesnt and i cant find out where to alter it.

can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks! ^.^

2. simsaladimbamba

With what adapter or cable do you connect the CRT (which size) to the G3 iMac (which colour btw?)?

3. Arkious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkious

its actually the original internal CRT, its the Rev B Bondi so its connected via the DSUB-15 pin connector

4. Arkious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkious

any idea? :)

5. Arkious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkious

6. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

7. Arkious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkious

Yeah i had to do that when i fitted the Overclocked CPU lol

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Is the PRAM battery dead? I know my G3 iMac won't remember where the picture should be unless its PRAM battery is good.

9. Arkious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkious

yeah its brand new :) it remembers it via software but not when booting. it only did it after upgrading to OS X. its when its displaying the apple logo at startup that its off centre. al get a picture if u want, but on the desktop and login screen its fine.

10. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If everything else is fine, what's the problem with looking at an off centre Apple logo for a minute.

11. California macrumors 68040

California

Don't know if this has been said but there is some way to re align the CRT the way the tube shoots at the screen. Have a dim memory of doing this once on my plethora of iMac G3s over the years.

12. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

maybe install OS 9 and go to monitor settings in the control bar and there one can rotate, shift left, right, up, down etc. (I do not want to power on my iMac now to test, whether if "monitors" in systempreferences under OS X can do that to.)

13. Arkious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkious

For the same reason i spent the time rebuilding the iMac? so its perfect? :)

If you can shell any light on the subject i would much appreciate it. i know old CRTs had ways to adjust it plus software adjustment. i just have the software adjustment. the screen isnt exactly square either so i need to fiddle with everything and then fully tweek the OS

OS X has the same ability to alter position, but i wanted to alter the startup if at all possible. im a bit obsessive compulsive lol. when i say its off, its sort of quarter off the screen. if it was only a little to the left i would leave it but its quite bad lol.