How do I do a screen print on a mac?

Or save the screen to paste onto a document

Thanks

Have a good weekend

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
In System Preferences > Keyboard and Mouse > keyboard shortcuts you can find a list of various ones.

I used :apple: shift 4 to do a selected screenshot for the image I posted below. It puts up crosshairs click once and drag/highlight over the portion you want and let go to release and save.

Attachments

seadrake

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2007
but the screenshot is where? and how to access/paste?

Hi, there, I'm a newbie here, and a learning newbie on the Max OS X and an veteran of Windows and MS Office...

I have read through this thread and yes, I think I managed to get a screenshot, but where the heck does it go? And (this wasn't actually answered as far as I can see) how does one paste it from where it actually went to where I want it to go, e.g., a Word doc?

Thanks for any and all help.

Jude

psychofreak

Retired
May 16, 2006
London
Hi, there, I'm a newbie here, and a learning newbie on the Max OS X and an veteran of Windows and MS Office...

I have read through this thread and yes, I think I managed to get a screenshot, but where the heck does it go? And (this wasn't actually answered as far as I can see) how does one paste it from where it actually went to where I want it to go, e.g., a Word doc?

Its on the desktop, and just drag onto a Word document :)

ab2650

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007

Jude
Unlike windows, the screenshot is saved as a PNG on the desktop, usually called "Picture 1.png." AFAIK, there isn't a way to capture to the clipboard, a' la windows.

Edit: I was totally wrong. According to the O'Reilly article above, clipboard capturing is already built-in. Viva OS X!