Screen problem. Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by choir.nerd, Jul 14, 2011.

1. choir.nerd macrumors newbie

Okay, so I opened my Macbook today and when I turned it on, the upper righthand corner was black and there's a light blue translucent streak down the right side. I can still click on things in that corner and everything, but I just can't see them. I tried to take a screenshot and post it, but the screenshot doesn't show it, which leads me to believe it's not an internal problem, but an issue with the screen itself.

It was off when I grabbed it earlier, and when I opened it, I hit it with the small end of the power cord (not the block end, the end that plugs into the computer), which may or may not have caused this. Anyway, is there nothing we can do to fix it? Or would it be cheaper to buy a new computer than to replace the broken piece? I don't know quite what to do, or if there's even a way to fix it, but I'd like a little insight.

Thank you!

2. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

It's never cheaper to buy an entirely new computer than it is to replace the screen. Please take a picture of your issue, and include enough of the Macbook in the picture that I can see what model it is.