Screen Problem - Odd shaped light leakage and marks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Codapop, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Codapop macrumors newbie

A few weeks ago I noticed some odd light leaks on the dead center of my screen. I got my macbook pro early 08 and use it about half the time closed with a monitor plugged in and the other half open..

[​IMG]

Photo is from my phone but there's not much more to see.
    I will try with a camera later on.

I have no idea what caused, or is causing this.
    I haven't laid anything heavy on it, haven't sat on the thing.
    I've also tried pressing the back of the screen and the front to see if i can sort of re-create anything. Nothing but the usual liquid marks that fade out with lcds... (I'll point out this is the only time I touched my screen minus whipping it for dust)

Curious what anything thinks.

2. ndstrenge macrumors regular

Take it in? I'm surprised at how much people are having these problems. (Okay, not that surprised in the end. The screen is only a few mms thick.)

I have the "Curtain" bleed at the bottom of my screen. It's very faint, but it is getting worse. It's kinda growing. I'm kinda hoping it gets irritating enough that AppleCare will do something. Right now it's not enough to bother.

I'd consider taking your screen in.

This is one of those Thin side-effects that I'd much rather not deal with.

3. kazakh macrumors member

i have the same thing happening on my 15" unibody......so you're not alone .. lol dont know what to do thou

4. kazakh macrumors member

any update on this? i am wondering if I should take it to apple store for a possible repair...

5. Flobber88 macrumors regular

I noticed a bright on my display (SR MBP) just recently, its only a few mm. It doesn't show up on a black background but white and any other color it can be clearly seen. I have Applecare, but would be interested to know what is causing this problem.